Human resources are among the most important resources for promoting social progress, The more quality and efficiency of these resources emerge, The prosperity and development of these societies has increased.
What is human resources management?
The concept of human resources management refers to the focus on the human component of people working in an agency, It is a special type of management whose mission is to focus on how to attract staff, choose their ways, organize and evaluate their affairs. Performance and training of new staff of the most important business for human resources management many definitions, including:
1. Belanger L’s Human Resources Management Definition:
In addition to providing all organizations with a qualified and experienced workforce in this field, A range of work that helps in the development and sustainability of human works.
2. Flipo’s definition of human resources management:
Human Resources Management is interested in planning, organizing and controlling work and helps attract and develop all skills and achieve the goals that organizations seek.
3. Schroden and Sherman B. Definition of Human Resources Management:
Human resources management includes the basic processes to be implemented and the rules to be followed, The main task of the Personnel Manager is to assist managers at the facility and to provide them with the advice and suggestions they need to enable them to run their businesses. subordinates more effectively.
4. Definition of Sekola Human Resources Management:
is the use of the workforce in the facility, including: (Recruitment process, Performance evaluation, development, compensation, wages, Providing social and health services to employees, And staff research).
5. Smith J. and Grant J. Definition of Human Resources Management:
This is the responsibility of all managers at the facility and is a description of what human resources specialists do in managing individuals.
6. Glock Definition of Human Resources Management:
This is the job in an organization that is interested in providing the necessary human resources, which includes human resources planning, And finding human resources, And the operation of human resources, And the release of human resources.
7. Definition of human resources management in French:
It is the process of selecting, using, developing and compensating the human resources of the organization.
What are the types of human resources?
There are five types of human resources:
- Leadership resources.
- Professional resources.
- Labor trends.
- Supervisory resources.
- Other participating resources.
What are human resources management functions?
yThe Human Resources Department has specialized in many functions, one of the importants:
1. Human Resources Planning:
Human resources determine the organization’s needs of the type and number of staff, In addition to determining all tasks to be assigned during the next working period, Preparing a list of the most important qualifications and conditions that all applicants for the post available in the next phase must pass three steps to meet this requirement:
- Study the objectives of the organization well.
- Estimate the request.
- Expect the vacancy offer process.
2. Functional analysis:
Human resources analyse employment opportunities and provide a comprehensive understanding of vacancies through comprehensive scientific research on employment opportunities.
3. Choose and attract the right people:
In addition to attracting everyone under the right working conditions, The Human Resources Department selects and recruits appropriate staff members based on their available conditions and qualifications.
4. Developing and training manpower expertise:
Human resources develop the competencies of the employees working in the organization and motivate them to acquire the expertise and skills that make them more efficient and effective to perform their tasks appropriately, This is in several stages:
- Discover the need to train staff.
- Identify training needs.
- Design training programs.
- Implementation of approved training programs.
- Evaluation of training programs.
- Assess the performance of trainee staff.
5. Follow-up and evaluation of staff performance:
Human resources track employee performance, and judge the extent of its development or reject it, and discover and address the causes of work failure and performance, It motivates all staff in the organization by providing incentives and benefits.
6. Paying employees’ salaries:
Human resources prepare monthly audit lists and schedules that show employee rights.
7. Personnel Management:
Human resources perform all the daily work of the organization or employees of the organization, Such as:
- Scheduling attendance and departure.
- Renewal of official staff documents.
- Documenting health insurance papers and work injuries.
- Keeping records and archiving them.
8. Support innovation and creativity:
Human Resources Management increases production by developing incentives and training to create and promote a competitive environment among employees.
9. Other tasks:
Other tasks on human resources include:
- Study of staff complaints in the organization.
- Leave grants to employees.
- Prepare special reports in which employees receive promotions, grants, awards or other work-related matters.