Accounting , cost calculation, business transaction registration, etc.
Accounting has evolved over the years and has benefited greatly in responding to the needs of the times, Accounting has become a mandatory topic in the labour market.
Accounting and its career:
Accounting is defined as: An organized way to keep business records and financial transactions, And summarize those transactions, Analysis and verification of financial results.
It is also: An information system designed to identify, measure, record and report reliable information related to the company’s economic activities.
All public and private companies are available to individuals to work as accountants, With master’s and doctoral degrees in finance, You will have more career opportunities for senior positions and thousands of accounting areas due to the diversity of business and economic financial activities that can provide opportunities.
Among the jobs directly related to the accounting profession are:
- Chartered accountant.
- Financial accountant.
- Forensic accountant.
- A stockbroker.
- Insurance expert.
- Data analyzer.
- Administrative advisor
- Tax advisor.
- Financial planner.
- Budget analyst.
- Accounting software developer.
- Personal financial advisor.
- Payroll accountant.
- Account assistant.
- Credit monitoring assistant.
- Contracting accountant.
You can work in any of them where there are a wide range of opportunities in companies, banks, insurance companies, government departments, investment banks, management consulting and the public and private sectors.
How important the accounting profession is:
Accounting is part of every private or government business organization and is in fact a high-value profession with an increasing number of accountants in employment and there are many career paths in accounting.
Although there are many disciplines in accounting, However, there are four main areas:
- Public accounting.
- Administrative accounting.
- Government accounting.
- Internal audit.
In addition to years of experience, Accountants need professional certificates and take specialized courses commensurate with their field of expertise. There are many professional certificates related to financial management and accounting, The most important are: CPA, CMA, CFA, And the standard diploma. CIA-accredited international internal auditor.
The skills you use as an accountant will make you a constantly needed person who can work on a large scale and with countless possibilities.
What tasks does the accountant do?
Accountants perform many outstanding tasks, including:
- Provides information and data about the organization’s current and future financial activities.
- Develop an action plan to identify income and assets.
- Documenting business transactions and tax strategies.
- Prepare financial statements and record business transactions.
- Organizing and keeping financial records.
- Assess financial operations and make recommendations to management on best financial practices.
- Check books and accounting systems to ensure that they comply with standard accounting standards and procedures.
- Preparing tax returns for individuals and institutions.
- Advises on increasing revenue, reducing costs and increasing profits.
- Financial investigations.
What skills should the accountant have?
There is no doubt that in addition to the calculations, Accounting principles and tax rules must be learned, There are some requirements that make you a good accountant, Which:
- Carry out multi-skilled activities while maintaining the highest standards of integrity and independence.
- The ability to acquire knowledge and how to use it through thinking, logic, problem analysis and problem solving.
- Use the knowledge he possesses in creative ways and the ability to generate new ideas.
- Knowledge of digital technology.
- Understand the capabilities that customers expect and the skills needed to achieve the desired results.
Accounting and its prestigious career are one of the most important reasons why students from all over the world study in all types, It provides students with a privileged job, great financial rewards, positions and experiences like no other. The labor market.