Time is an important resource in personal and social life, The desired goals can be achieved through effective management, Note that the word “time” is the source of the verb (time), And the combination formula (time), Which means: The estimated amount of time for something. Said: He still has anytime usually, It can be defined as: a concept of time and actions that can be done during that time, which is the basic material of life and is available to all.
Definition of time management
Management and time form both, because time is the means of management, in order to do its work and achieve its objectives in an orderly and effective manner, Since the time limit, It is necessary to address the definition of time management, As defined by the way, But they all agree that you are interested in doing the work efficiently while ensuring lower cost and better means to achieve the desired goals, These are determined as follows:
- Al-Ajami defines it as: Managing activities and work done in a timely manner, Which means making the best use of the time and capacity available, to achieve important goals. Time management includes knowing how to spend time in the present, analysis and planning for effective use in the future.
- Hale defines it as: Directing and redefining the personal competencies of the individual; This means directing the internal management of the individual to the required performance within a specified period of time.
- Salah Abbas defines him as: Study the movement and time that can determine the time required; the part in which one operation is performed without wasting time allowing another time; Ensures that the work is completed in a timely and effective manner.
With previous definitions, Time management can be defined as: Optimal use of personal time and abilities, ensuring a balance between personal life and work requirements and basic physical, mental and spiritual needs in order to achieve the desired goals.
The importance of time management
The importance of time management is reflected in many aspects, The most important are:
- It is an important and effective entry point for the success, development and effective realization of the system.
- It is an important and necessary element because it is linked to all elements of management such as decision-making, oversight, planning, etc.
- Achieved through enjoyment, satisfaction and efficiency, it provides a developmental dimension for workers and jobs.
- helps determine managers’ attitudes towards work, and the values they embrace, and the methods they use to manage them.
- Affects how other resources are used, as time is a factor that affects the vitality and importance of management.
Time management keys
Here are the key key to effective and successful time management:
- Time analysis: This is an important basis for successfully analyzing time by recording daily activities for at least a week.
- Planning: Focus on long-term and daily planning, In line with goals and events, to achieve effective use of time.
- Goals and priorities: Efforts are more effective than those that may lead to the accidental pursuit of objectives.
- Expectation: It’s more effective than a treatment.
- Efficiency: That means doing the right thing the right way, Any effort is made at an inappropriate time;
- Alternatives: implies the need for alternative solutions, Enables individuals to choose effective solutions.
- Deadline: So that self-discipline can be exercised; This helps to overcome hesitation, procrastination and confusion.
- Introduction: Helps improve understanding and clarity.
- Reduce routines and avoid details: Focus on the overall objectives of the organization and restrict, delegate, or integrate routine tasks.
Time management steps effectively
Successful time management consists of several steps, most notably:
- Review plans, objectives and priorities, because time management will be impossible if one does not have a sound plan, clear objectives and structured priorities.
- Make a time plan because it will achieve the goal in the short term.
- Select a list of daily achievements and make them part of an individual’s private life to ensure special breaks rather than oversigning the location of many tasks on the list.
- Closing the doors of escape from tasks and responsibilities that should not be avoided, such as procrastination, laziness, hesitation, etc., Hinders a successful process and causes feelings such as disappointment, anxiety, pain, etc.
- Optimal use of marginal time, Which is the lost time between tasks and duties, Like traveling, And the use of the car, And waiting time, And so on, So it should be used in the best possible way, Such as: Read the Qur’an, relax, meditate, Read regularly. In general, Think about, And other things.
- Ignore what is urgent and unnecessary, because it wastes an individual’s time and robs him of his or her effectiveness, which reduces its ability to self-regulate, so after setting priorities and objectives, Several standards and tasks of practice must be applied, Which: Validity, necessity and convenience.