Financial analysis is the diagnosis of the financial situation or functions of the organization in a specific production cycle or cycles, In order to show all changes in the financial situation, Judge the fiscal policies to be followed and take the necessary corrective action. In this article we will clarify the substance of financial analysis and clarify its concepts. In addition to the most important functions and objectives of financial analysis, The tools and stages they go through are emphasized.
Financial analysis is defined as evaluating all possible investment methods and how funds are used properly in a company or business, In addition to studying the financial efficiency of the facility, expressed as a percentage of the profit generated by the investment and the investment process, The financial analysis process is based mainly on a range of means, including financial ratio analysis, Its main objective is to identify opportunities and address investment issues.
Some economists define the financial analysis process as examining the financial information of a business in order to properly understand its cash flows and everything related to the size of its profits and financial expenses to reach the possibility of working the financial position of the business whatever it may be. It is classified by the degree of financial stability and the degree of financial profit it makes.
The importance of financial analysis stems from the fact that it is a tool that examines financial statements in a detailed analytical manner that illustrates the relationships between the elements of these lists and how those elements have changed over a specified period of time or multiple periods of time, In addition to explaining in addition to the impact of this change on the overall financial structure of the facility, The importance of analysis can also be detailed financially. The following points:
- Determining the company’s credit capacity
- Determining the company’s revenue capacity (efficiency of the company’s activities)
- Identify the optimal financing structure of the company and financial planning
- Determine the right size through tie analysis and operational analysis
- Measures to determine the net value of the company and the true financial health of the company
- Determining the cost structure of the company
- Assessing senior management performance
- Help develop the company’s future policies and plans and provide the right basis for decision-making
- Determining the fair value of the company’s shares
Financial analysis can be used for the following purposes:
It is implemented by creditors (lenders) to determine the risks they may face if the company fails to pay its debts on time.
It is implemented by individual and corporate investors to ensure the safety of their investments and the amount of return. This type of analysis is used to assess management efficiency in creating new areas of investment, As well as facilities to measure profitability and liquidity.
used when two companies merge, to assess the current value of the acquired company, As well as to determine the value of the expected future performance of the merged company.
Financial analysis provides information to assess past performance and estimate expected future performance.
Financial control is defined as evaluating and reviewing businesses to ensure that they operate in accordance with applicable standards and rules to identify and address errors, deviations and vulnerabilities in a timely manner, Financial analysis provides good information for oversight.
Performance assessment analysis:
One of the most important uses of financial analysis is the reassessment process, Based on the profit levels and liquidity capacity of the facility, and the ability to service debt, And credit capacity, Asset valuation.
Financial analysis is going through a series of stages, Depending on the type of analysis, its importance and the level of detail required. Most financial analysis researchers agree that the stages are:
- Accurately identify analytical objectives: It is very important for financial analysts to set the goals to be achieved, How important and influential the goals are. Financial analysis objectives vary by category. The success of the analytical process depends on the precise setting of objectives.
- Determining the time period for financial analysis: At this point, The time dimension of financial analysis is determined, In a clearer sense, Number of years of data analysis.
- Choose the right analysis method: There are many financial analysis methods available to analysts, Including the use of financial ratios and other economic methods. The right alternative.
- Reclassify financial statements to suit the chosen method of analysis: At this point, Financial statements are properly classified from a financial analysis perspective, Which helps in the analysis process. Mali.
- Reaching conclusions: The process of drawing conclusions is carried out by financial analysts in expressing a neutral technical opinion, Free of personal bias in all respects, and as objective as possible.
- Drafting reports: The report is a way to inform the results of the analytical process and provides appropriate recommendations for the results obtained.
Courses and financial reporting:
This course helps you gain high skills and basic experience in dealing with spreadsheet and database management programs, And ways to deal with these programs when designing and developing electronic accounting applications, Participants can also acquire and use these programmes in the field. To analyze data on technical issues. Accounting information and analysis of financial statements to assess the financial and administrative performance of the organization, To obtain financial information that helps in administrative decision-making, In particular, investing these items in financial planning and planning budget design, Courses designed to complement participants’ personal skills. All content related to planning, financial analysis, planning and budgeting (including planning and oversight), Professional professional advice to enable them to understand and analyse issues and obstacles related to measuring and evaluating performance achieved in order to achieve the purpose of evaluation and quality.
The target group in the course:
- Bank managers and departmental staff in banks.
- Directors of institutions and companies.
- Entrepreneurs looking to develop their banking management skills.
- Students and graduates of the various university business schools.
- Accountants and their bank aides.
- Anyone who wishes to develop their expertise to work in financial analysis in the financial sector.
- (origin, nature, objectives, domains, uses, species, components, determinants, Tools)
- Financial Statements
- The importance of revenue to the investor
- Cash flows
- The company’s activity and its impact on the preparation of financial statements
- Analysis of financial statements
- Financial analysis of ratios
- Types of ratios used in financial statement analysis
- Operating rates and profitability ratios
- Stock and debt ratios
- Evaluation of the institution
- Computer application
- Inventory assessment and general inventory assessment theory
Through this article, We understood its essence, He touched on its different types and functions, And what it aims to achieve, Expressing the objectives of the entire institution, So we can say that the essence of institutional management work is based on financial analysis and decision-making, Financial analysis has become the backbone of financial management as importance in the contemporary economy increases, The diversity of beneficiaries through internal and external institutions is remarkable, But in order to deepen understanding and highlight the effectiveness of financial analysis in decision-making, It is also necessary to study financial balances.