Occupational safety and health procedures are essential elements that must be provided in every working environment. The worker or employee must feel that he or she is working in a safe environment without any risk to his health or life so that he can work and produce in the best possible way, It is therefore the responsibility of companies and factories to maintain local safety. Employees and workers protect them by working and implementing precautions by:
- Keeping the place safe and risk-free
- Causes of equipment safety and absence of injury or accidents.
- Integrity of the way employees perform their work.
However, The culture about the importance of these programs and their mechanisms of application, And the rules you give, still in an area that is not equal to the general or popular culture of the citizen, Hence our mission, So we can help you learn more about occupational safety and health procedures, starting with:
- The concept of ethics
- Sources of work ethics
- Concept of occupational safety and health rules
- The importance of occupational safety and health rules
- Occupational safety and health procedures
- How do you provide a safe working environment?
The concept of ethics and sources of the profession
The concept of professional ethics or professional ethics refers to all principles, customs, behaviours and policies that regulate the working environment and make it safer and more suitable for production and work.
Professional ethics are principles closer to custom than laws, Because these morals stem from conscience and nature, Then it is the rules that punish or regulate them.
Each profession has a set of ethics and principles governing its work, Starting with the ethics of the doctor’s profession, and prevent him from divulging the secrets of his patients, Through the rules of the legal profession in dealing with criminals, Reveal customer secrets on different occasions. Occupation, bribery, conflicts of interest or profit. Harming the interests of the public or the entire environment.
All these images are involved in the process of regulating professional or work ethics, These rules therefore prevent the desecration of the honour of their employees and help to create good stereotypes for those who engage in such behaviour, Both in society are still professional.
Sources of ethics:
There are many different sources of work ethic, But there are three specific sources that are most famous and influential in the formation of collective thought, It is as follows :
- Individual value system:
They are the values gained since childhood and growing up with someone and changing them according to the different experiences they have gone through, These are the values and principles he embraced when he grew up, and the customs you learn and the people who influenced it, The role of religion and society in shaping its identity and perception of the outside world.
- The system of values prevailing in society
It is a set of values and principles in which the collective mind of society gathers, spreads and becomes an integral part of its cultural and social identity, It is another form of law, deviates from it and is socially excluded. And excluded.
- Regulations on professional literature
These are regulations issued by trade unions and labour organizations to regulate the general conduct of workers in the field and to prevent any deviations in their image, whether internal or external deviations, imposed by younger workers in the field or committed by leaders. and figures in the industry. Those who violate these rules will be exposed to appropriate legal sanctions, expulsion from the union and permanent prohibition of trade.
Employees in these professions are committed to so-called professional ethics or professional ethics, Not only out of a desire for social benefit, But also for fear of the consequences of non-compliance with these regulations, Whether by applying or complying with the company’s regulations. Company regulations. In return, The law expects employees to maintain their safety and health without harming them or diminishing their rights in any way, The company’s role in implementing so-called occupational safety and health rules is as follows:
Concept of occupational safety and health rules
Occupational safety and health rules refer to all measures taken by the Agency to protect the lives of the people it deals with, Starting with the safety of its employees, and to maintain their health physically and mentally, down to the customers who provide it, to them, Prevent them from being injured from any danger.
The strength of occupational safety and health rules stems from being another aspect of the working environment, which can be described as a set of procedural and regulatory rules, implemented in accordance with an agreed legislative and legal framework, Designed to protect the lives of workers and customers from danger or harm.
The importance of occupational health and safety rules: Occupational safety and health rules have a range of advantages that make them win-win, Whether for customers, employees or organizations, They help:
- There are procedures and programs to keep employees, employees and customers safe and healthy and keep them a top priority.
- Reducing the number of injuries and accidents in the workplace
- Protect workers, maintain their health, improve their ability to work and ultimately serve the interests of the work.
- A safe working environment enables employees and employees to perform their jobs in the best possible way.
- Protecting equipment and tools used in the workplace from damage or loss
- Instilling a spirit of reassurance in the staff
- Increase production without disrupting work and improving workers’ efficiency
- Create an attractive work environment that attracts new employees.
- Protect customer life and not jeopardize the brand’s reputation if the brand is attacked by a competitor.
- Gaining customer confidence while maintaining the quality of the products and the lives of our employees gives them an ideal professionalism.
- Focusing on occupational safety and health rules can help promote the psychological safety of workers, Thus, their productivity and loyalty to the Agency have been doubled.