Honesty is a function based on data and information about the work of an organization, Or on behalf of someone else, It is usually the manager in charge, The secretariat is also known as the person who works for someone else, Or in an official office to help perform administrative tasks and follow up correspondence and records. From another definition of the secretariat: This work relates to the responsibilities of an individual who works within a company, association or institution and involves following up on the administrative matters assigned to her, Such as saving documents, writing data, and doing office work.
Secretarial work has become indispensable in all companies within their organizational structure, This work depends on the differentiation of staff in a range of skills and the ability to apply their administrative and functional functions. to assume secretarial roles; Like writing and scheduling appointments, and keep important documents in an easily accessible way, Some departments select secretarial staff from certain categories, The most important ones are the special and specialized secretarial; to perform many functions and tasks within the possibilities of each individual, as is evident here by the general importance of the Secretariat, To help them carry out their many tasks and to provide assistance and support to all administrative tasks.
As we all know, The image of a secretarial career is relatively old. Since it relies on previous ideas that have nothing to do with the nature of modern management, Most people believe that the role of secretary is limited to answering phone calls and organizing documents and mail in order to pass them on to managers, But the secretary’s career is different from other professions in that you need a high IQ, and the ability to deal with others, An acceptable appearance and a working environment.
How to succeed in secretarial work
The success of a secretary who wants excellence depends on having a range of qualities and skills, They must also understand the special tasks in this post. Here’s information on the most important skills and tasks the secretary needs. Secretarial work:
Secretarial work requires the following skills:
- Good at using written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to follow the office’s work accurately.
- the ability to use the language of science and management, Any English, in editing and writing.
- Ensuring job responsibilities, such as creating and preparing documents, And the use of digital content on the Internet.
- Excellent organizational skills, i.e. balancing a range of tasks, Like meetings and events, with other functions that must be linked to a specific schedule.
Trustees are required to perform several tasks within their secretarial work, Which:
- Receive, classify, log in and out of daily mail and then send it to its department or department and save it for future reference if necessary.
- Preparing and writing instructions, decisions and other administrative matters issued under the guidance of internal and external administrations or departments, Then follow up on correspondence sent by regular mail, email, fax or any other means.
- Provide summaries to manage daily news and emails and ensure access to news stories that contain any information relevant to the nature of the company’s business.
- Date, registration, change and cancellation of executive branch meetings, visits or private interviews, Whether in the company’s buildings with employees or strangers, or at foreign meetings such as conferences.
- Deal with phone calls and pass them on to the manager or person in charge in accordance with the pre-agreed instructions, Be sure to set up a guide and address book with a set of information about permanent contact phone numbers and email addresses.
- Carry out all general tasks related to secretarial work, Like using your computer, printing, copying documents, photographing, And model design, And so on.
Types of secretarial work are:
- Private Secretary: He is a secretary with certain specifications specified by the director, Selects one or more staff members to work in the Special Secretariat of the Executive Department to perform a range of tasks, Among them:
- We welcome all visitors.
- Keep administrative files and documents in archives.
- Help managers schedule meetings or business trips.
- Organize special appointments in the manager.
- Professional Secretary: refers to a secretary who participates in specialized work or tasks in a particular field, Such as legal secretary, economic secretary, technical secretary or other areas.
- Examine the information or documents provided by the Department that is within the competence of the Minister for opinion or prepare an appropriate summary.
- Participation in management meetings within the supervisory scope;
- Follow research and reports in the field of competence and submit them to the competent authorities where necessary.
- Save, record and organize special documents and documents of a professional nature.
The importance of secretarial
The General Secretariat of the Foundation is an important department, Where you do a number of activities, Their importance in the work environment can be summarized as follows: 
- Reduce the administrative burden on managers by doing day-to-day work in the office.
- Activate coordination between managers and related companies.
- Provide managers with information that will help them make the right decisions.
- Ensure effective communication between management and other parties inside and outside the company.
The genesis of the Secretariat
Secretarial work is an outdated work that was previously limited to keeping secrets, The conditions accepted by the staff member depend mainly on his or her ability to read and write, As well as his excellence in morals and honesty. Its development was linked to the work of the Industrial Revolution in Europe, A lot of office equipment and equipment have emerged to assist in the secretarial work, which has helped to enhance the presence of this work in various fields of work